Saturday, January 17, 2009

Drafting Lessons Conversation from 101 Info Dot Org Student Message Board

Student 1031
I took the drafting board lesson called Drawing a Simple Floor Plan on a Drafting Board and it was wonderful and made something difficult simple. I see that you have other lessons online for architecture. Do you have any other drafting courses?

Tim
Sure do. Matter of fact I have a mechanical drafting, a machine drafting course, a course on turning a barn into a home, and a course on industrial layout. These are all being combined into an online drafting school at http://101info.org.

Student 1031
Are you planning to make other drafting / drawing courses?

Tim
Yep! I have several classes in the works right now at that URL. The courses I have under construction are Patent Drawings 101 where I teach you to prepare illustrations necessary to apply for a patent, Survey Drafting 101 where I teach students how to draw plats and site plans, Drawing a Straw Bale House where I describe the elements of designing a home built with straw bales.

There are plans for classes where you can learn Drafting History, Architectural Design, Historical and Archeological Reconstruction Drawings, Automotive Drafting, Electronic Drawings, and Plumbing and HVAC Drafting. I'm also a police chaplain and just finished a course through the FBI on Crimes Scene Investigation where I learned to do Crime Scene Reconstruction Drawings. I'll be building a course on that.

Student 1031
Are you charging for each class individually?

Tim
No, all these classes will be under one tuition. I have it set at whatever the student can donate for all classes available in one package on the 101info.org site, but students will be able to continue to register for the individual courses.

No comments: