Thursday, January 22, 2009

Letter from a "How to turn a barn into a home" reader

Tim,
I really like your book. (How to turn a barn into a home) It's well written and easy to understand. I feel it will be VERY helpful to me when I begin to develop my barn building. Yours was much more primitive so I feel like mine will be a bit easier.

It was only 1 yr old when I bought it and it's a large barn-shaped tin building which, I am told will be practically maintenance free....only needing a wash now and again. The downstairs area already has a full bathroom in working condition and wiring is in place. I am a weaver and have 3 floor looms so the downstairs area will be an open floor plan with no walls, maybe a fireplace and an area for tv and maybe a small section for a spare bedroom.

The back of the barn will remain as a workshop and storage. You know how much room there is down there from your own experience. Currently, I live in the loft which was finished off and enclosed as an apartment type living space of 800 sq ft. which suits me and my collie, Cool Hand Luke, just fine for now. This will be a big project for me but I look forward to it with enthusiasm. I was fortunate enough to find a contractor living down the road from me and he offers to do all, a piece at the time or just give me free advise if need be.

A lot of the worst part is done for me but I already see many answers to my questions in your ebook so thank you very much for writing it!
All the best,
Joy

No comments: