Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Choosing a Christian Message Board or Chat

There are so many types of message boards out there it’s overwhelming to choose the right one. So how do you choose? Personally I tend to go where I have the greatest opportunity to witness Christ when I use the internet as a mission field. Our duty is to spread the Gospel. Right? A whopper of a message board called Bible Forums is one of my favorites because it draws the largest and most diverse group of people together. That board is huge not to mention it has a good moderation team that sorts out the mess if needed. I am a mediator on that board myself.

Some years back I was a moderator of the old GCN Chat and it was similar in size to the afore mentioned Christian message board. Because of it’s size and diversity I got to witness many claim the Lord Jesus as their Savior. When GCN shut down, several came over to my ministry site and we had a small group to chat with and lift one another up. When it comes down to personal, one on one, not getting lost in the crowd, this was wonderful.

If you are a young Christian and growing in your faith, you may choose to go to a board that was established for your particular denomination. Lord knows there are many Baptist, Methodist, Presbyterian, etc., boards and chats out there to choose from. All you have to do is open a search engine and start discussing.

Brother Tim Davis is is a Baptist Pastor and Police Chaplain who runs a Christian Message Board called PCIM at http://www.parsonscorner.org/pcimunity/ and a Christian Chat called PCIM Chat at http://www.parsonscorner.org/pcimunity/chat/. Please stop by and visit…

No comments: