Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Bible Version Challenge

My name is Tim Davis, pastor of the River of Life Mission Church of McMinn County Tennessee, a Missionary Baptist Church. Also the webmaster of The PCIM Christian Community Message Board.

I personally believe that there is a deception taking place that is actually over seventeen hundred years old. I believe and have historical proof that the bible versions you may be using are nothing more than counterfeits and you are being mislead and deceived by them.

I’ve seen other learned scholars have made a comparison of the NIV (New International Version), HCSB (Holman Christian Standard Bible), NASB (New American Standard Bible), NKJV (New King James Version), against the KJV (King James Bible) who have made excellent points about the differences and the way that these newer versions have changed teaching to where we are in a major state of confusion in our churches. I even wrote a lengthy article on the subject myself a few years back. What I have not seen is a concise and purely logical historical explanation as to why these differences are there in the first place.

I would be more than happy to open this up to debate after I’ve been allowed to present the facts. You may even debate as I place my findings on the thread. This discussion will take place once we have enough interested parties make themselves known. Simply go to http://www.parsonscorner.org/pcimunity/index.php and make an account. It’s free. Post a thread that you have joined to let me know and we can get started.

No comments: